Joining Dunfermline Junior Chorus is a great way to enjoy singing and make friends. It’s fun, it’s exciting, and it gives young singers the best possible chance to develop their talents. We have been enjoying singing as a chorus since 2005.
We are open to boys and girls from Primary 2 to 7 and Secondary 1-6. Membership is open to all interested children, and there is no pre-requisite for admission.
If you are interested in singing, you will love being in Dunfermline Junior Chorus.
Our repertoire is diverse and ranges from African to Gospel to Traditional and Popular. We perform a minimum of 3 concerts per year.
Our year is split into 3 terms, and the cost is £40 per term for the Senior and Junior choirs, and £35 for the Music Makers and Wee Music Makers.
The Senior Choir, Junior Choir, and Music Makers rehearse on Thursday evenings in the Music Institute at Carnegie Hall, and the Wee Music Makers rehearse on Tuesday evenings in the Music Institute at Carnegie Hall.
Dunfermline Junior Chorus is run by professional management of the Dunfermline Choral Union which has an unblemished record in caring for young people. The safety of members is our highest priority.
Principal Objectives and Goals
- To provide choristers the opportunity to experience musical excellence and character development.
- To inspire choristers to strive for vocal and personal excellence.
- To feature high quality, culturally diverse repertoire.
- To welcome any interested child.
- To serve the community through song.
- To attract participants from the Dunfermline area.
- To provide rewarding performance opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.